The former Utility Building
The house in which the memorial is now located was originally build as a utility building for the Prussian Railway Regiments. Since the construction file has been lost, it is no longer possible to determine exactly what the building was used for between 1918 and 1945, except for the year 1933. In 1947/48 it accommodated a heated district hall and reading room as well as a commercial kitchen. Today the upper floors are rented out; the basement rooms have been made available to the public as a memorial since 2011.